5 reasons to send a child in Haiti to school with GOALS
Here’s five reasons why you should consider making a donation to help a student in Haiti attend school:
- Paying for a child’s school tuition is an easy way anyone can make a significant impact in Haiti, even with a small donation. A gift of $35 will provide a child with school books for the year, and a gift of $350 (or $29 a month) will sponsor a student’s tuition for the full year. But even $10 or $20 will help us reach our goal!
- GOALS supports the children with the greatest need, strongest leadership potential and a proven dedication to working hard and making changes every day. Meet some of our Dream Team students here.
- GOALS is dedicated to using funds wisely for the greatest impact. You might say we’re cheap or perhaps “financially conservative”; in other words, effective. Note: 100% of donations to our scholarship fund go directly towards putting kids in school with zero overhead or admin fees.
- A GOALS scholarship is not actually a gift. First, students work hard to be eligible for a scholarship, then, they work hard to keep it. Along with getting good grades, GOALS meets with school staff to monitor behavior and attendance. Second, students give back through service and leadership projects. For example they may lead recycling projects or tutor literacy students.
- We’re committed not just to sending kids to school, but to seeing them graduate. Our goal is not simply to send kids to school. Our goal is to build a generation of strong, capable, inspired and inspiring leaders who will create change in Haiti, starting in their own communities. Yes, it’s as lofty, awesome, and possible as it sounds.