UPDATE October 2016: Many GOALS children in Haiti lost their soccer clothes and shoes to Hurricane Matthew and we are in need of cleats, uniforms and practice wear of all sizes for children ages 8-18. If you would like to learn more about how Hurricane Matthew affected GOALS, please see this update or visit our Crowdrise page to donate to our recovery efforts. Thank you!
Want to donate equipment and/or materials to help kids in Haiti? Kids in Haiti often play soccer barefoot, kicking around plastic bottles or tin cans if they can’t find a ball. One of the biggest ways you can help a GOALS kid in Haiti is to donate new and lightly used soccer equipment.
GOALS relies on donated soccer equipment which goes directly to kids in Haiti who play soccer every day without basic equipment. With your help, GOALS can give these players cleats, socks, shin guards, shorts, shirts, and goalkeeper gear. In addition, we can supply teams with sports equipment materials such as pinnies, cones, soccer balls, pumps and needles to play soccer safely and with dignity.
With enough donated equipment, GOALS can start programs in new areas, which include soccer, community service, and health and educational opportunities. A little bit can go a long way in Haiti, so every donation makes a big difference!
About donating soccer equipment:
What our players in Haiti need:
How to organize an equipment drive for GOALS
- Soccer equipment for boys and girls of all ages: soccer balls, cleats, socks, shin guards, shorts, uniforms, gloves, goalie apparel, etc.
- Sport-related materials: Pinnies, cones, whistles, pumps and needles, corner flags, TROPHIES! etc.
- We do not accept:
- Dirty, torn, or unusable apparel, gear, equipment, materials, etc.
- Clothing unsuitable for sports activities or cooler climates, such as jeans, tank tops, cotton t-shirts, pants, sweatshirts, jackets, etc.
- We need help covering shipping costs. A $50 donation is required for each box. This will allow us to ship the materials to Haiti to reach our children immediately. Thank you! If you are unable to make this donation, please email us with an inventory of your items. Depending on how critical our need is, we can make exceptions on a case by case basis. Thank you for understanding.
Please note it may take up to 4 weeks for donations to be processed and cards and emails to be received. Don’t hesitate to get in touch by writing email@example.com in the meantime! Don’t forget to visit www.facebook.com/goalshaiti and www.twitter.com/goalshaiti for photos and updates from our programs.
- Register your equipment drive with GOALS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine the goal for your drive: is there a deadline? A certain amount of equipment you’d like to collect?
- Spread word about your drive by contacting your friends, family members, colleagues, classmates, and neighbors. We recommend you contact local soccer clubs and organizations in the area.
- Collect equipment! Make sure you write down each donation and make sure gear is clean and undamaged.
- When your drive is complete, please fill out our “In-kind donation form,” which is available online here.
- Send the gear to GOALS! Please mail donations to 1201 Tree Bay Lane / Sarasota, FL 34242 with your name or organization clearly marked on the outside of the box. We then take responsibility for shipping the equipment down to Haiti. Please note: a $50 donation is needed for each box. This will allow us to ship the materials to Haiti to reach the players in need immediately. Thank you!
- Thank you! GOALS will send you a thank you card or email along with photos of our players in Haiti.
Click here to view a short pdf on organizing equipment drives for GOALS
Questions? Ready to send a donation of soccer gear? Please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!
Want to donate? Find out how GOALS uses your donation to bring soccer, health, nutrition and sanitation to kids in Haiti and make a donation online here.