In the Media
- Soccer Without Limits, powered by Sports and Social Change, featured us here: “SWOLing for Good: GOALS.“
- Can Soccer Save the World? loved our infographic from last year’s annual report: “Best Practices: GOALS Haiti and their Year in Numbers.“
- “Exclusive interview with Kona Shen – The Founder and Executive Officer of GOALS Haiti” was part of a comprehensive effort by Haiti Tempo to help raise awareness about GOALS’ work in Haiti!
- “Kitchener group assisting efforts in Haiti” highlights the contributions of community members from Kitchener, Canada to kids and community members who participate in GOALS Haiti programs.
- The “Sports Doing Good” Newsletter featured GOALS alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Steve Nash!
- streetfootballworld has featured GOALS’ work in a number of ways, including profiling a video as a part of the Gillette Football Club in partnership with Google, featuring our work with InFocus, and more.
- streetfootballworld’s Global Team Talk is a collection of six expert interviews with the directors of sfw network members. GOALS is the first interview featured!
- The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette both profiled Caitlan Carney for her incredible efforts to collect soccer equipment for GOALS’ participants in Haiti: “Quigley senior soccer player does her part to help youths in Haiti” and “Quigley senior has big goals for Haitian children.“
- Soccer365 covered GOALS’ origins, our programs, the contributions of James Marcelin, Beyond Sport, and much more.
- Haiti Libre, The Caribbean Journal, and 90:00 Soccer wrote about GOALS after we received Beyond Sport’s “Best New Project” Award for our first two years of programs.
- Partner organization One World Futbol has highlighted GOALS’ work in a number of ways, including video interviews with Kona and blog posts on their website. Read “Football on Mountain Tops” here.
- Kona was featured in a video produced by Salesforce for their annual Dreamforce convention, entitled “A Glimpse into the Future of Business,” which screened before a keynote presentation with Richard Branson.
- The sporting world is taking notice! TotalFootballMag featured GOALS’ tournament on it’s front page and also in their world football news section.
- GOALS has been featured on the front page of The Bulletin paper! Thanks to Jared Bowns, tens of thousands of residents in northeastern Connecticut read about GOALS in their Saturday newspaper!
- GOALS has been on the air with WINY Radio in northeastern Connecticut this week, and has been featured in The Villager newspapers published in Killingly, Putnam, Woodstock, and Thompson.
- 1013 Main Street, a radio station in Seoul, South Korea interviewed Kona about GOALS for our first coverage for in Asia
- The Huffington Post featured GOALS as it marked the second anniversary of the 2010 Haiti earthquake: “Haiti Earthquake Aftermath.”
- “Can Soccer Save the World?,” which explores the power of sport to achieve social change, has featured GOALS regularly since January 2012
- High School Pieces named Kona Shen an “Inspiring Lady” and published an interview on their online magazine for high school girls
- The International Platform on Sport and Development has highlighted GOALS’ work several times since we began operations in 2010 – thank you for helping spread the word!
- In October, Le JIT Productions featured GOALS in a short video they produced to help us raise awareness about our work in Haiti. This video has since been featured on Fox Soccer, the Gillette Football Club, and many other sites. This is a great piece just under four minutes that explains a lot about what GOALS does and the philosophy behind our work. Check it out to a get a sense of what it feels like to be on the ground in Leogane, and the atmosphere of our programs!
- The Huffington Post profiled GOALS on July 14 as part of their “Greatest Person of the Day” series: “Kona Shen Uses Soccer to Inspire Haiti’s Youth Leaders.” On January 11, 2012, GOALS was featured again: “The Best of HuffPost’s ‘Greatest Person of the Day.’”